What’s App chat between Arnab Goswami and Partho Dasgupta, the former CEO of BARC mysteriously surfaced on the internet at a time, when data privacy of What’s App was a big concern in the country. What created storm was that Arnab Goswami had allegedly passed on a military secret to ex BARC executive in his what’s app chat. And, everything fell into place.
- Mumbai Police filed 3400-page supplementary charge sheet including 500-page of What’s App chat between Arnab and Partho Dasgupta in connection with television rating point (TRP) case against Vikas Khanchandani, CEO of Republic TV and others on 11 January.
- The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) demanded to form the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) to probe the alleged what’s app chats in which Arnab claimed something major would be done by Indian government after Pulwama attack on CRPF Jawans.
- Navika Kumar, news anchor of Times Now, called Arnab a TRP Vulture on prime time crying bucket full of tears about Sanskar and values system, when she said with full drama—God give me success, but not at the cost of my value system, because value is more important than success.
- Congress stalwarts like Salman Khursid and Ghulam Nabi Azad demanded an inquiry as Arnab’s What’s App chats were concerned with national security.
- Pakistan prime minister, Imran Khan also grabbed the opportunity to target Arnab Goswami and Republic Channel in an effort to erase the statement of the science and technology minister, Fawad Chaudhary, who had said, “We hit India in their home. Our success in Pulwama, is a success of this nation under the leadership of Imran Khan. You and us all are all part of success. Fawad Chaudhary claimed this in October 2020.
- When data privacy of What’s App chats was a big concern, ex Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chauhan happened to admit that the voluminous transcript of Mr. Goswami’s chats was released by Mumbai Police.
It was claimed that leaked What’s App chat proved that Arnab Goswami was aware of India’s plan to attack Pakistan to avenge Pulwama terror attack in advance. Arnab had shared the classified information with ex BARC Chief Partho Dasgupta.
In leaked What’s App chat Arnab Goswami says, “Bigger than a normal strike.” And also, at the same time, something major on Kashmir on Pakistan, the government is confident of striking in a way that people would be elated. These are exact words.
Where has he used the word Balakot? He insisted something major on Kashmir. Where has he passed on a military secret to ex BARC executive? What is to be highlighted is that Arnab Goswami had interviewed Rajnath Singh, then Home Minister on Republic Bharat, a day before he had sent the messages on 23 February 2019. Rajnath Singh had told Arnab that the government was not ruling out a military option in response to the Pulwama attack.
Even a common citizen could have guessed that something major was going to take place after PM Modi made sure on 15 February, blood of Indians is boiling, guardians of Pulwama attackers would be definitely punished. He had added, “our neighbouring country forgets that India is a country with new intent and new policy.
What is astonishing is that all left leaning news portals and news channels trained their guns at Arnab Goswami on the basis of the leaked What’s App chats in no time. The Quint insisted, Goswami had some advance knowledge of the government planning to retaliate in a big way to the Pulwama attack, days before Balakot air strike. Scroll and The Wire went one step further to report that Goswami was aware of Balakot Air Strike.
Unbiased journalism with national interest is rare commodity in India. However, viewers—who were disillusioned with left leaning news channels’ blatant anti national propaganda in the name of free speech—had switched to news channels, which displayed, at least national interest. What is disappointing is that Times Now, too joined the cartels of Congress and other opposition parties with Pakistan. Navika Kumar’s over the top Sanskar and value preach couldn’t connect with viewers.
The action of MVA government and its police in fake TRP case, has been matter of grave concern. Mumbai Police and Crime Branch arrested former Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) CEO Partho Dasgupta on 25 December 2020. His arrest is 15th arrest in the fake TRP scandal. Partho Dasgupta is in Taloja Jail.
Pratyusha Dasgupta, daughter of Partho Dasgupta, took to Twitter to appeal to the Prime Minister to save her father’s life. Her father was admitted to the hospital on 15 January in an unconscious state. Pratyusha and her mother had found Mr. Dasgupta in an emergency room with not even a bed-sheet covering him. Pratyusha is fearful for her father’s life as she made fervent appeal to Prime Minister, “Sir, please save my father by allowing proper medical treatment in good hospital at our expenses.
Did Mumbai police display such urgency to arrest murderers of Two Sadhus and their driver in Palghar? Did MVA govt show swift action to fight with Covid-19? Even a common citizen can figure out the actual intent of of Mumbai Police and MVA government.