We are living in a fragile world. Over the last few decades, we have seen a massive upsurge in pollution, food with traces of pesticide, processed foods with chemicals, which are leading to health-related complications, mental and psychological challenges, which are affecting our life up to great extent. Last year’s COVID outbreak only enhanced this fragility of our environment and health, where the entire world was shut down to prevent an infection, which led to the death of millions of Human beings.
There is no doubt that good health is central to our happiness and well-being, which contributes significantly to the overall wealth and prosperity of our society and even the economic progress of our nation, as healthy populations are more productive, spend more, save more and live longer. For a healthy life cycle, you need a balanced diet and a hygienic environment.
People are looking for some sort of alternatives, which can help them mitigate the ill-effects of this newfound pollution-induced lifestyle. They are consulting Medical professionals and spending moolah to adopt alternative therapies and practices, but effects are far from seen.
However, for every complex problem, we do have a very simple solution. In this article, we would like to suggest you a solution, which may mitigate all these problems, without putting in herculean efforts or spending moolah.
How do you feel If we say that you can mitigate or control all these problems by just a single step? Well, you may not believe it, but by having a Tulsi plant alone, you can counter most of the problems we are facing these days.
Why Tulsi is so important?
India is the only country where the power of Tulsi has recognized thousands of years ago. Tulsi has attained a sacred place in our culture and it offers a tremendous religious and medicinal value.
Tulsi enhances immunity and it is our best defense against infections. It is a low-cost, widely available, easy to grow herb that offers a solution for a range of conditions – from strengthening the respiratory system to moderating blood sugar to improving eye health, dental health, and many more benefits.
Fortunately, we have an organization named India Positive Citizen, which is running a noble initiative ‘TulsiShakti’, with the sole objective of Tulsi enabled wellness in every Indian home by inspiring and empowering a people-driven movement.
What is Tulsi Shakti initiative?
This initiative is a part of the vision of India Positive Citizen organization founded by Savitha Rao. She visited IIT-Mumbai for an environment project, and that was the watershed moment for this initiative, as she got inspired to explore the health benefits of Tulsi.
Initially, she started to use it in her life and experienced the shakti of Tulsi, she started sharing it with people around her – family, friends, security staff. They too started using the Tulsi in their daily life and observe huge improvement in their health. That was the moment when Savitha Rao conceived an idea to launch an initiative to offer a practical, accessible and affordable way to enable enhanced immunity and wellness for millions of Indians, by adding Tulsi to their life.
Tulsi Shakti initiative – A catalyst to change the lives
Well, you may wonder how Tulsi plant alone can revolutionize our lives, but this initiative can certainly change our lives and offer social, medicinal, economical benefits to our society.
Here are certain important information about this initiative and the associated benefits it comes along.
- It is a first of its kind of global project, where Indians from overseas are also joining this movement. Indians in the Middle East, South America have joined in.
- This initiative is promoting Tulsi as a means of social good. They are informing and empowering people with knowledge on how they can improve their health with Tulsi,
- Tulsi Shakti initiative asks people to gift Tulsi to those who can’t afford it.
- They are now inviting citizens across India to empower the security guards in their office and residential building with information on the healing power of Tulsi and to gift them saplings. Every building doing this will help bring increased health to the security guards and their families.
- Tulsi offers amazing healing capabilities for many health conditions. If one had to take supplements for each one then probably one would need 10-12 tablets. Here a few leaves daily make it possible. Just add 2-3 leaves into your water bottle or tea and it will serve the purpose.
- Besides health benefits, Tulsi plants raise the positive energy of a space. Hence, having multiple plants at home will bring positive vibrations. It is psychologically and spiritually healing.
- Boosting immunity through Tulsi is eco-friendly. It is locally available and it is natural and easy to grow. They don’t offer plastic packaging or any sort of chemicals are involved.
- There are no fossil fuels required to transport these saplings to long distances, and it offers lesser waste into landfills.
- Increased immunity means lesser illness. Lesser expenditure on medical treatment, fewer missed days at work. A healthy individual means a healthier family and community.
- People buying Tulsi plants will give a boost to the green economy. Which is often an ignored sector. The average cost of a sapling is Rs 100. If 10 crore people buy one Tulsi sapling it means an overall business of Rs 1000 crores into eco-friendly business. A healing #TulsiEconomy.
- They are giving posters on the benefits of Tulsi to plant sellers/nurseries so that they can showcase it at their stall to raise awareness among their customers. This is a first-of-its-kind approach.
- Once a person or a family experiences the healing benefits of Tulsi they will be inclined to explore other herbs and a natural, Ayurvedic approach to wellness. Connecting with nature and our ancient wisdom will heal us individually and collectively at many levels.
Team Tulsi Shakti would like to invite you all to join the Tulsi Shakti movement. Please spread the word and make a difference.