Every Independence Day we gather for flag hoisting, singing the anthem and returning back to our schedule 2020 is an unusual year. A good time to start a new tradition. Inviting you to join in the #IndiaPositiveCitizen journey.
One #IndiaPositive Action. Once a week. Every week. One Billion Indians. 52 billion potential #IndiaPositiveActions. Each One Of Us Can Make A Difference. Together We Make Change.
Pledge to be an #IndiaPositiveCitizen at https://indiapositivecitizen.com.
On 15th Aug 2020 the world’s largest democracy – #India turns 74. The ways in which we can be #IndiaPositive are endless. Sharing ideas in which you can help make India truly sare jahan se accha.
Great citizens make a nation great. We would like to invoke your inner citizen activist by suggesting 70+ doable ways in which we can contribute to creating an even greater, joyous, sustainable Bharat.
- Plant saplings / support tree plantation via online donations.
- Eliminate plastic bags from your daily life.
- Give a surprise treat to someone who works in your community.
- Repair the objects you use so that you can use them longer.
- Help an underprivileged person open a bank a/c
- Donate books.this-independence-day-inviting-you-to-become-an-indiapositivecitizen
- Donate toys.
- Volunteer for a social cause.
- Pledge never to litter.
- Help an underprivileged person get insurance cover.
- Support education for a child.
- Follow traffic rules.
- Don’t waste food.
- Smile – spread happiness.
- Don’t give bribes.
- Don’t take any bribes.
- Encourage people in your vicinity to keep the areas clean.
- Visit an old relative / neighbor. You will make their day.
- Support ‘Made in India’ products.
- Send a message of appreciation to the people in your life.
- Enable financial literacy.
- Create a veg/herb garden.
- Be kind to animals.
- Get involved in local civic issues. Write to your local representatives / govt on issues that impact your area.
- Try to learn a new language – an Indian language.
- Each time you buy something you are voting for the kind of world you wish to live in. Pl choose consciously.
- Help beautify a common space.
- Each of us has talents and passions. Please choose causes you resonate with and bring your contribution to it.
- Help the elderly go digital.
- Do fund raising for a cause you believe in.
- Initiate a collection drive for clothes and donate them to the needy.
- Walk to places nearby. You’ll save on fuel, money & get fitter.
- Be an engaged, active citizen.
- Thank 5 people who made a positive difference to your life.
- Give an unexpected treat to those who work in your home.
- Let people in your community know they can approach you for help.
- When you notice awesome service – make it a point to acknowledge it.
- Save water.
- Do your bit to help make India safer for women and children.
- Save energy – switch off appliances when not in use.
- We are a diverse nation – unique in the world. Let’s remember that we are first and foremost – Indians.
- Switch to LED lights – progressively.
- Support the differently abled
- Go digital in your payments.
- Carry a #Reusable Bag – Always while shopping.
- Inspire people in your family / community to go eco.
- Create cool stuff with up cycled material.
- Learn something new every month about India and it’s amazing culture.
- Dispose electronic waste responsibly.
- Learn Yoga – your body and eventually family will thank you for a healthier, calmer you !
- Send a message of support to our Armed Forces.
- While driving give way to ambulances / fire brigades.
- Write 10 things you love about India. Share them with your family & friends.
- Stand up for what you believe in. Make your voice count.
- Make sure you vote in the elections.
- Support green biz.
- Reuse objects – so that you send out lesser trash to the landfill.
- Ditch bottled water. Carry your own bottle of water – it is safer, planet and wallet friendly.
- In your sphere of work – see in what ways you can go eco. Go ahead and make it happen.
- Don’t spit – in any public space. Our country is our larger home. Treat it with respect.
- Help an underprivileged person learn a skill.
- Mentor a student.
- There are many avenues where you can share your ideas for India – e.g MyGov.in. Your ideas can help shape India.
- Donate blood (if you are able to).
- Support the traditional crafts of India.
- Stop people from defacing national monuments / public spaces.
- Remember that as an Indian – you are an Ambassador of India – within India & overseas.
- Gift mask, sanitizer to those who need but may not be able to afford them.
- Make an online donation to a cause you wish to support.
- Appreciate the brave #CoronaWarriors who put the nation above their wellbeing.
- Be kind. To navigate this phase we all need to be supportive of one another. Be an #IndiaPositiveCitizen.
Building a great nation, one #IndiaPositive action at a time.
There is an interactive, immersive book on this subject with powerful, practical ideas on how every citizen can joyously make a positive difference to India.
Buy now at https://indiapositivecitizen.com/shop/